Monday, November 28, 2005

Oops! I forgot my week 12 picks!

Oh well. I would've picked Cleveland, SF, NE, GB, and maybe NYJ... who knows with that one. So I guess it's just as well I didn't embarrass myself again this week. Well, I am in time for the Monday night pick:

Steelers @ Colts - Gosh, I would love to pick the Steelers, but it just doesn't stack up that way. Even though Ben's QB rating is technically higher than Peyton's, and the Steelers have a chance if they can make it a running game... the difference in QB rating is largely technicality, and the Steelers won't be able to make it a running game. The Colts will get well over 300 yards passing yet again, and score about 35 points against one of the best balanced teams in football... and Big Ben will probably get injured again, further disguising the weakness of the "league's best team" - their mediocre-at-best defense. Colts win. And not because of their alleged defense.

I actually got to watch the Seahawks game this week - most of the first half and the OT actually. Who would have thought the Seahawks and Giants would be able to keep each other under 30 points for almost 70 minutes? And can someone explain to me exactly what you are allowed to move, and what will get you a false start penalty? It seemed like you're allowed to move your butt (literally) but not your shoulder or head... or at least that's how they called it. Not that I'm complaining that the team opposing my 'Hawks got hit with 5 or 6 false starts in one set of downs. I'm just curious why. Oh, and those calls all put together are less significant than that time they called it Giants ball on a fumble - even though there was no conceivable way to honestly believe that was the case. Those guys with the ugly metallic blue jerseys - they're Seahawks, pal. When one of them is on top of the ball after a fumble, that means it's Seahawks' ball. That's how the game is played. I'm no expert, but I do know that much. It doesn't seem that complicated to me, but then again, I do tend to see things in black and white. Oh, and when someone has the ball, and someone on the other team knocks him down, the play is supposed to stop. He's considered "down." That means his team gets start playing offense there, not where he's tackled a second time, four seconds and five yards later.

Sorry about the ranting and raving. Better post next time, I promise.

Backlog Bob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home