Sunday, July 25, 2004

Op-ed: At Least the Title is Right

        According to MSN®, George Lucas® has released the title of the next Star Wars® movie. And let me tell you, it is an improvement. (That last word didn't really call for italics, but I like using them because I can.) Now at least we know not everything about the movie will be a disaster. Which is a relief. The last two movies in the series (or perhaps the first two?) were so bad, they ought to bring back MST3K® just for Episodes I® and II® of Star Wars®. This is a far cry from the three that were realeased from 1977-1983. It's hard to believe that the same person was responsible. The Phantom Menace­­® was bad enough as a title, but the movie was worse; it was less interesting than Willow®.
        As with Attack of the Clowns (name changed to avoid lawsuit), I will not see the third prequel if I have to pay more than $1 to do so, but I may be pleasantly surprised with it if it's as much superior to its immediate forerunners as its title is to theirs.

Backlog Bob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home